Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2018

February FET

In a completely organic sequence of events, we found ourselves in the opportune situation to start an FET protocol so on Tuesday of this week I went in for my CD2 appointment and everything via bloodwork and ultrasounds looked great. The saline sonogram went beautifully, what they had originally thought was a fibroid tumor during Cade's pregnancy they couldn't find a single trace of, so we got the all clear to move forward.

The FET protocol is so simple and straight forward - I started taking estradiol twice a day, today went to get levels checked to see if we need to do any adjusting, and next week I go on Friday to get a lining check and bloodwork to make sure everything's coming along properly. According to our plan at this time, transfer date should be February 9th and then beta day will be the 23rd, exactly 2 years from the day we transferred Cade. SO MANY fewer appointments compared to our fresh IVF that involved going in every day to every other day.

It's a blessing, because the day I should have called to make the appointments I was SO. SICK. Sicker than I've been in recent memory. I was so excited to have the potential to start our protocol but just could not feel good about bringing in germs to share with the staff and other patients, so I made the decision to hold off and see if I was doing better the next day in hopes that it wouldn't be too late. If so, I would believe that it was our sign that we should go for it, and if not, that was a higher power telling us that it wasn't the right time. Miracle of miracles (and after a blessing), I woke up the next morning feeling a million times better, and the doctor was able to squeeze me in two hours later. All in all, I feel like we've been really blessed that we were able to get started.

I'm a worrywart by nature and analyze everything. It honestly feels like I look for things to stress and worry about, so I've already made the decision to just let it be. Worrying about this cycle won't change the outcome, but it will make me a lot less happy. So I'm choosing to be optimistic, give it my best effort, and be hopeful that everything works out positively.

I was really open about sharing information on social media with our previous IVF cycle for a lot of reasons, the biggest one being it was the easiest way to keep our families in the loop since so many of them were emotionally invested with us and praying for us. This time, I've wanted it to be a little more private. There won't be a whole lot of updates, but I'm sure I'll share about the transfer and of course the outcome.

Prayers that I will respond positively to the medications, that we will have a favorable outcome, and that we will be mentally and emotionally "ok" whichever way this goes would be appreciated.

Here's to a sibling!

No comments:

Post a Comment