Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

How I found out + 4 weeks pregnant

I'm journaling EVERYTHING.

A week and a half ago we went to look at houses. At that point, we were 4 days past 5 day transfer and had agreed that I would start testing the next day.

As soon as we were done, I ran to the grocery store to buy a 3 pack of FRER (the gold standard of pregnancy tests, if you will) and held out as long as I could til we got home. I waited the full 3 minutes, sad that something didn't pop up immediately.

And then it was there. The *faintest* of faint lines.

I promise it's there. - barely. I told Jeff and he was very hesitant to believe anything. "It's probably just the trigger."

Crap. It probably was. I called the pharmacist at 9:00 that night and the ensuing conversation was that yes, the amount of trigger I had taken technically should have been out of my system (I was 11 days past trigger) but a false positive wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. So with that, I decided to test the next morning, and then the morning after that. If they kept getting darker, it was real.

The next picture is Sunday morning, the next day, and then Monday. Jeff still didn't believe the Sunda morning one. "Of course it's going to be darker because your urine is more concentrated in the morning."

Fine.

There was no denying on Monday. I put the test and a little note that said, "You're gonna be a Daddy!" In the bathroom for him to see. He was slightly optimistic. Slightly.


One of the things that tipped if off to me (I think) was the cramping I had from about 2 days past transfer onward, plus the off-and-on burning feeling. I've never had a UTI but I'd imagine that's what it felt like. Also, I was so. thirsty. I chalked that up to having been on a high sodium diet since retrieval to stave off hyperstimulation.

So far, I've just had a couple of really tired days, and I wake up crampy at night every night a couple of times.

Beta was confirmed this Saturday at 11 days past 5 day transfer and it was 560.3!

We're very excited. To finally see 2 pink lines and know we have made it to pregnancy after trying for so long is surreal. I overanalyze everything and get through it by telling myself that Heavenly Father has carried us this far, He has made all this possible, and it is in His hands for the duration.

For your viewing pleasure - top photo is my "ovary baby" from right in the thick of stimming (I was SO bloated) and bottom is how not pregnant I looked at four weeks. I'm 4 weeks 6 days today.

No comments:

Post a Comment